BRIDAL, BRIDESMAID & FORMAL GOWN ORDERS
All Melanie Jayne gowns are proudly designed and manufactured in our design studio in Coffs Harbour, NSW Australia.
- Melanie Jayne charges in Australia Dollars (AUD).
- All Melanie Jayne bridal, bridesmaid, formal wear, debutante gowns, and veils have a 12 week delivery unless otherwise specified, please allow extra time for shipping. Shipping is generally 2-10 days depending on your location. International addresses allow 2-3 weeks.
- Items that are ordered and discovered to be discontinued or no longer available will be fully refunded.
- Items ordered and currently in our inventory are available in 1- 7 day dispatch.
- We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Direct Deposit, and payments through our online portal.
- FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS & PURCHASES OVER $150.00 (Australian Addresses Only)
- Shipping is calculated for delivery with Australia Post or Aramex Couriers for all products purchased through our internet store and does not include international taxes and/or international customs charges.
- You will be notified if there are any delays in dispatching your order.
- All delivery times are provided as estimates only. Melanie Jayne is not responsible for any delays caused or incurred by delivery services or international customs clearance processes.
- Items that are in stock will be processed & shipped within 1-7 business days.
RETURNS, REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
No returns, refunds or exchanges on bridal gowns, these are made to order exclusively for you, so please choose your style, colour and size carefully. If you require help to choose your size, please contact us, we are very happy to help.
Bridesmaids & Formal
REFUNDS or EXCHANGE
This applies to Melanie Jayne bridesmaid & formal gowns only which are ordered through our online store.
Trying your dress on.
Please try your dress on as soon as practical. Please be aware this is a delicate garment.
- Please be very careful when trying on your dress, that you avoid snagging or damaging your gown.
- Have someone to help you into your dress.
- Make sure your hands are clean and dry, nails are filed so as not to snag the fabric, remove jewellery and make sure you are free from tanning lotions, perfumes & wet hair.
- Water will mark your dress, as will sweaty or damp hands.
- Try on in a clean environment, eg. place a clean sheet or blanket on the floor so the hem of the dress doesn't collect dirt or dust.
- Don't walk around your house incase you step on the hem and damage the fabric.
- If you need to return your gown, you must contact us within 48 hours of receiving your gown.
- Please contact us at email@example.com. Please give us your contact details, receipt number and reason for return.
- We will issue you with a Returns Authorisation Number which must be visible on the outside of the packaging. Merchandise returned without this authorisation number will be rejected and returned back to you.
- Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer, and should be sent by registered/track post and have proof of delivery. Melanie Jayne is not responsible for missing or lost packages.
- Gowns will be inspected by Melanie Jayne upon return and if satisfied the garment meets the return policy, you will be issued with a refund minus the original shipping cost, if you received free shipping. This is the freight cost Melanie Jayne has incurred for the original shipping of the garment.
- Gown must be returned in original condition, unmarked & unaltered, unworn, unwashed, free from snags, scent/smell and makeup and have all original packaging along with tags attached.
- Gowns received back damaged either from the customer or during transit will not be accepted for exchange or refund.
- Exchange gowns will be manufactured under the standard delivery time.
- If your shoes, lingerie garments or accessories don't fit or not for you, and you wish to return them for a full refund or exchange (excluding the original shipping cost whether it be free or paid for by you) please email us to arrange for a Returns Authorisation Number.
- You must contact us within 2 business days of receiving your items, if you want to return them. Please email your name and reason for refund or exchange and order number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Items must be returned with all the original packaging and sent in a postie box (to avoid damage to the shoe box) via your choice of courier or post with a receivers signature as proof of delivery.
- Made to order bridal gowns
- Items that are damaged, worn, washed, altered or have tags removed.
- Sale items and gowns on sale.
- Soiled shoes with footprints / scuff marks under foot or any other damage caused by you will not be eligible for return.
- Custom dyed shoes or handbags
Due to hygiene reasons the following items cannot be returned:
- Briefs, hosiery.
- Mens neckties, bowties & pocket squares
- Items will be considered faulty if they are received damaged or have a manufacturing defect.
- Items damaged as a result of wear and tear are not considered faulty.
- Faulty items with be replaced or repaired or refunded depending on the fault.
- Melanie Jayne will cover the cost of shipping fees for the returned item, if we consider the item to be faulty.
"Want a dress that actually fits"!
Ditch the bra girls, as there is no need for it with our really unique "Jen" gown. So easy fitting, yet has a fully structured and supportive bodice. The shoulder straps thread through metal rings on the bodice sides, and can be tied in a number of different ways, to hold the bodice close to your body. While the slim fit single layer wrap style skirt simply circles around your waist and is hand tied in place. The skirt has a small train. Our beautiful signature charm is stitched discretely on the bodice and is available to three metal types, silver, rose gold or gold.
- Wide strap option is great for those who want more back coverage.
Strap Widths Available: Standard 1cm, medium 2.5 cm or wide 10cm.
Hardware ( Rings & Charm ) Silver, gold or rose gold.
Fabric: Satin spandex & Sequin mesh
Construction: Boned bodice, foam bra cups and fabric stabiliser.
Orders ship within 21 days.
Photographed with the standard 1cm wide straps.
The Story Behind the Dress!
As many of you know that when you purchase a new dress, it very rarely fits in all the right places. Hence I was so over doing alterations to almost every dress sold, that there was no time left to make new designs,"there has to be a better way." After a bit of thought, I pulled out two dresses. One was my favourite backless ballgown and the other a wrap around dress. What if I could put the two together. So after some playing around and wrapping my mannequin in metres of satin, we came up with an idea for a dress that requires no alterations except maybe the length of the hem.
Our revolutionary "concept" gown, come in different necklines, skirt shapes and strap types.